Thursday 16 May 2013

5 Ways to Repurpose a Vintage Pallet

Last year, we decided to renovate our backyard and it was my job to search for some furniture. As I left my home one early morning on my way to a meeting, I noticed a rough but beautifully vintage pallet sitting at the end of one of my neighbours driveways. I had no idea what I would do with it, but I knew I had to have it. I quickly called my boyfriend and told him to get out there with the truck and pick it up! Thankfully he did...
 
When I finally got a look at it, I realized that it was a great old pallet from the Royal Canadian Mint in Winnipeg, Ontario, Canada. It was rugged and a little rough around the edges, but that's why I liked it. I decided that it would be our coffee table. We quickly grabbed four casters and placed them on the bottom of the pallet... and well, we had a coffee table! We really didn't do another thing - it was that easy!
 
 
 
I'm determined to find a new (and maybe more challenging) pallet project for this summer. Pallets are great to work with - you can find them almost everywhere, they are pretty sturdy and they are usually free! Here are 5 great pallet projects that you can try this summer!
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Such great ideas!
    Your backyard looks so beautiful and cozy, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these ideas! I love rustic mixed in with a modern! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I too love the look of rustic with modern. Some great ideas here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! Love the outdoor table with casters. I happen to have a pallet sitting in the backyard right now! Can I come hang out in your backyard? Looks amazing!

    heather (popbam).

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks friends! all are welcome in our backyard - just walk on back and enjoy :) I'm really excited about trying idea #5 - that beautiful pallet flower box! Would look amazing on my table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are such cool ideas!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to try the headboard idea. My husband made a stunning headboard from an old door about 12 years ago but he is bored with it. You would definitely want to give the pallet a very good sanding as they tend to be rough and that could be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't agree more TVB. Sanding is not something I love to do which is why I stuck with the easy, no sanding project of the coffee table. No one wants a sliver in their head!

    ReplyDelete